XII. Domestic Systems Laboratory
The Domestic Systems Laboratory is a real environment for demonstrating the use of hydrogen technologies in the residential sector. It offers the possibility of test, experimentation and validation of hydrogen devices in homes, like hydrogen microcogeneration systems designed to provide electricity and heat.
The laboratory is equipped with all auxiliary services, with monitoring and control systems to obtain data for the energy management, and also a PV generation roof that allows different grid connection possibilities: off-grid, grid connected and self-consumption.
It is located on a module-housing divided into two areas:
- Boiler Room: for the installation of hydrogen systems, with the necessary safety requirements.
- Housing: made up of a kitchen, where home appliances are installed, a living room and a bathroom. The house is heated and the electricity is obtained by a micro cogeneration system based on a fuel cell. This system is fuelled by hydrogen obtained from renewable energy.
- Photovoltaic system places on the module roof, completed to an inverter, auxiliary batteries and storage system.
- Set of household appliances and home control of the loads of the module-housing.
- Micro cogeneration system (mCHP) of PEM technology that provides electricity and heating to the module-housing.
- Hydrogen cycle composed by electrolyser, H2 storage system in metal hydrides and fuel cell.
- Field testing and validation of domestic microgeneration and hydrogen systems. Testing protocols and long-term tests. System optimization in a real home, equipped with auxiliary systems, control-monitoring and powered by renewable energy.
- Energy management algorithms, grid connection for homes with distributed energy resources and energy storage.
- Testing and validation of auxiliary equipment for domestic installations of H2.
- Platform for testing and validation of automation systems, loT and Smart metering.
- Demo Lab H2ome module rental for use in R & D or technological show at any geographical location. Easy transport and installation.