XI. Vehicles Laboratory
Focused on research and development of power plant configurations, sizing, optimization of energy control algorithms, power converters and motor drivers.
In this laboratory tests can be performed on a large range of power and different vehicle configurations. The laboratory capabilities help the work of integration of H2 systems on vehicles.
- Workshop: wide work area, equipped with tools and ancillary services.
- Test: room for characterization of vehicles under real operating conditions. With hydrogen supply, compressed air and nitrogen.
Roller dynamometer for electric vehicles
- It allows the testing of vehicles, particularly those based on fuel cells, and the characterization under standardized simulated road conditions and driving cycles.
- 2WD or 4WD configuration.
- Suitable for vehicles with energy recovery systems and traction control by synchronized axes.
- For experimentation in real operating conditions of power modules fuel cell components and auxiliary systems.
- With two motor options: AC electric motor and PMAC in the range of 6kW with motor controllers.
- Automotive tools, vehicle lift, motorcycle lift, workbenches, tool trolley, floor crane, hydraulic trolley jack and transmission jack.
- Programmable ECU with multiple I/O and CAN bus communications.
- Instrumentation, for measuring electrical (current, voltage, power, efficiency), thermal (temperature, thermography) and gas variables (flow, pressure, leakage). Short range telemetry.
- Design and integration of hydrogen systems on vehicles.
- Programming ECU with control algorithm.
- Characterization of electric motors, controllers and power electronics converters.
- Vehicle testing and characterization: load simulation with constant speed and traction force, torque vs power, high speed, driving cycles, driving long-term test and energy recovery.
- Test of the power plant and auxiliary systems in a climate chamber, connected to the vehicle running on roller dynamometer.
- Vehicle connection to CNH2 microgrid system for Vehicle to Grid (V2G) testing.
- Test in race circuit for small dimension vehicles.