XI. Vehicle and Hydrogen Refilling Station Laboratory
Focused on research and development of power plant configurations, sizing, optimization of energy control algorithms, power converters and motor drivers.
In this laboratory tests can be performed on a large range of power and different vehicle configurations. The laboratory capabilities help the work of integration of H2 systems on vehicles.
- Workshop: wide work area, equipped with tools and ancillary services.
- Test: room for characterization of vehicles under real operating conditions. With hydrogen supply, compressed air and nitrogen.
Roller dynamometer for electric vehicles
- It allows the testing of vehicles, particularly those based on fuel cells, and the characterization under standardized simulated road conditions and driving cycles.
- 2WD or 4WD configuration.
- Suitable for vehicles with energy recovery systems and traction control by synchronized axes.
- For experimentation in real operating conditions of power modules fuel cell components and auxiliary systems.
- With two motor options: AC electric motor and PMAC in the range of 6kW with motor controllers.
- Automotive tools, vehicle lift, motorcycle lift, workbenches, tool trolley, floor crane, hydraulic trolley jack and transmission jack.
- Programmable ECU with multiple I/O and CAN bus communications.
- Instrumentation, for measuring electrical (current, voltage, power, efficiency), thermal (temperature, thermography) and gas variables (flow, pressure, leakage). Short range telemetry.
- Design and integration of hydrogen systems on vehicles.
- Programming ECU with control algorithm.
- Characterization of electric motors, controllers and power electronics converters.
- Vehicle testing and characterization: load simulation with constant speed and traction force, torque vs power, high speed, driving cycles, driving long-term test and energy recovery.
- Test of the power plant and auxiliary systems in a climate chamber, connected to the vehicle running on roller dynamometer.
- Vehicle connection to CNH2 microgrid system for Vehicle to Grid (V2G) testing.
- Test in race circuit for small dimension vehicles.