- Project Title: “Singular and Strategic Project of Renewable Hydrogen (PSEH2RENOV)”.
- Keywords: Hydrogen, production, electrolysis, purification, fuel cells, renewable energy systems (RES), smart grid, social perception.
– Main Researcher: Ms. Gema Alcalde Ranz – Email: email@example.com
– Coordinator: Mr. Jesús Martín Pérez – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: Call for grant aid from the Singular and Strategic Projects Subprogram of 2009, approved by order CIN/1657/2009.
- Funding Agency: Ministry of Science and Innovation, Castilla-La Mancha Government.
- File Number: PSE-120000-2009-3.
- Project Aim: The development of efficient and competitive hydrogen production technologies from national renewable energy sources, such as wind, solar energy and certain forms derived from biomass, in order to promote the transition toward a hydrogen economy in Spain. The development of this technologies would be associated with a potential massive use of renewable energies, characterized by their associated zero CO2 emissions and high efficiency energy conversion. An increased use of local RES will result in a significant reduction of the external energy dependence of our country. In this regard, PSEH2RENOV also aims to determine the techno-economical viability of the proposed technologies. The following sub-projects have been carried out:
- Low Power Electrolysis.
- Hydrogen separation and purification technologies.
- Integration in power generation based on fuel cells with renewable
- Diffusion, Dissemination, Social Perception and Coordination.
- Period Time: 2009 – 2010.
- Partners: CNH2 (Coordinator), HYNERGREEN, IDESA, CEGASA, INASMET, INTA, CSIC – ICP, AICIA, URJC, CIDAUT, CIDETEC, ITC, Acciona Energía, Ingeteam Energy, ASNT, LABEIN, CIEMAT, UPMETSII, UPV – EHU, IMDEA Energía, AIJU, ITE.
- Funding received (CNH2): 415.000 €.
- E. Amores Vera, J. Rodríguez Ruiz, C. Merino Rodríguez, P. García Escribano “Study of an Alkaline Electrolyzer Powered by Renewable Energy”. Libro de resúmenes COMSOL Conference 2011. ISBN 978-0-9839688-2-5 (2011).
- “Study of an Alkaline Electrolyzer Powered by Renewable Energy”. E. Amores Vera, J. Rodríguez Ruiz, C. Merino Rodríguez, P. García Escribano. COMSOL Conference 2011. Stuttgart (Alemania), Octubre 2011.
Figure. “Best Paper Award” at COMSOL Conference, (Stugartt 2011)
Co-Funded Project by: