- Project Title: “Model Predictive Control of Reconfigurable Microgrids with hybrid and mobile energy storage (CONFIGURA)”.
- Keywords: Model predictive control, microgrids, networked control systems, storage area networks.
- University of Seville Researchers:
– Main Researcher 1: PhD. Carlos Bordons Alba
– Main Researcher 2: PhD. Miguel Ángel Ridao Carlini
- CNH2 Contacts:
– Main Researcher: PhD. Félix García Torres – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Coordinator: Mr. Jesús Martín Pérez – Email: email@example.com
- Call: Retos-Colaboración from National Programme for Research Aimed at the Challenges of Society under the 2013-2016 National Plan for Scientific and Technical Research and Innovation approved by order ECC/1780/2013.
- Funding Agency: Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness.
- Administrative File: DPI2016-78338-R.
- Project Aim: This Project deals with energy control in microgrids (a set of loads, generators and storage systems that can be managed in a coordinated way in order to operate isolated or connected to the main grid). The project will address several issues related to the connection between electric vehicles and microgrids, as well as the problems associated to the change in topology due to the switching on/off of any generator, storage unit or load. The project will develop several control strategies in the framework of Model Predictive Control (MPC), designed to manage in an efficient way the operation of these systems, addressing their reconfigurability both in one microgrid or a network of them. Control strategies will also consider operating criteria which include the degradation of storage systems, with the objective of increasing their lifetime.
- Partners: University of Seville, Centro Nacional del Hidrógeno (CNH2), INTA.
- Period Time: 2017-2020.
- “Optimal Management of Microgrids with External Agents including Battery/Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles”. F. García-Torres, D.G. Vilaplana, C. Bordons, Pedro Roncero-Sanchez, Miguel A. Ridao, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2018.
- “Optimal Economic Schedule for a Network of Microgrids with Hybrid Energy Storage System using Distributed Model Predictive Control”. F. Garcia-Torres, C. Bordons y M. Ridao, IEEE IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2018. Mayo 2018.
- “Advanced Control of Hydrogen-Based Microgrids with Hybrid Energy Storage System using Model Predictive Control”, 9th international conference Hydrogen Days 2018, Prague. Junio 2018.
- “Gestión Resiliente a Fallos de Microrredes Interconectadas basada en Control Predictivo Híbrido Distribuido y Estocástico“. F. Garcia-Torres, D.G. Vilaplana, C. Bordons and M.A. Ridao . IV Congreso Nacional de Smart Grids (Madrid). November 2017.
- “Optimal Peer to Peer Market Operation for Microgrids with Hybrid Energy Storage System using Distributed Model Predictive Control”. F. Garcia-Torres, C. Bordons and M. Ridao. The 7th IEEE International Conference on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies “ISGT Europe 2017”. Turín (Italy). October 2017.
- “Interconnection of Microgrids using Distributed Model Predictive Control“. Garcia-Torres, C. Bordons and M.A. Ridao. 4th Microgrid Global Innovation Forum. Barcelona. September 2017.
Co-Funded Project by: