Educational & Training Activities
In addition to the scientific dissemination activities aimed at different segments of society, the National Hydrogen Center also organizes, coordinates and participates in educational activities such as lectures, courses, seminars etc. with the aim of expanding knowledge and training of those technicians, researchers or staff related to hydrogen and fuel cell technologies.
Among the training activities carried out in the CNH2 include:
Organization and development of the Lecture entitled “Experiencias en Aplicaciones de las Tecnologías del Hidrógeno” – “Experiences in Application of Hydrogen Technologies” at the premises of CNH2. The conferences that have taken place in the cycle were:
- “Presentación técnica del Hyundai ix32 FCEV” – “Technical presentation of Hyunday ix35 FCEV” Speakers: Mr. Francisco Javier Arboleda Domínguez, Service Senior Manager od Hyundai Motor Spain S.L.U. and Mr. Roberto Álvarez Fernández, Coordinator Degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nebrija (26/05/2015).
- “Desarrollo de catalizadores y membranas para la producción eficiente de energía en pilas de combustible de membrana polimérica” – “Development of catalysts and membranes for efficient production of energy in fuel cells polymeric membrane” SpeakerDr. Ms. Pilar Ocón Esteban, Full Professor in the area of Physical Chemistry of the UAM (26/03/2015).
- “El Hidrógeno y el futuro de la energía en la edificación y el transporte” – “Hydrogen and the future of energy in building and transport”. Speaker: Dr. Mr. Domingo Diaz Guinea, Scientific Head of the Industrial Automation Institute of the CSIC (30/01/2014).
- “Aspectos de dinámica de fluidos en pilas de combustible tipo PEM. De la investigación básica a la aplicación real” – “Aspects of fluid dynamics in PEM fuel cells. From the basic research to the actual application”. Speaker; Dr. Mr. Felix Barreras Toledo, Head of Research Laboratory Fluid Dynamics and Combustion Technology, LIFTEC – CSIC (18/03/2014).
- “Investigación en el Laboratorio de Catálisis y Materiales de la UCLM. Nanoestructuras de Carbono: perspectivas de aplicación” – “Research at the Laboratory of Catalysis and Materials at the UCLM: application prospects”. Dr. Mr. José Luis Valverde Palomino. University Professor of Chemical Engineering at the UCLM (10/07/2014).
- “Oportunidades del binomio energía eólica e hirdrógeno” – “Opportunities biinomial wind and hydrogen energy”. Speaker: Mr. Ignacio Cruz Cruz, Head of the Wind Energy Department of Energy at the CIEMAT. (16/09/2014).
Teaching classes in different master’s degrees and university courses include:
- Summer Course: Hydrogen, production, storage, transport and applications. University of Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM). 1 to 2 July 2015.
- Master of Renewable Energy, Hydrogen and Fuel Cells. Menendez Pelayo International University – Higher Council for Scientific Research (UIMP – CSIC) October 2014.
- Master in Renewable Energy. Polytechnic University of Cartagena (UPCT). June 2014.
- Master in Chemical Engineering. University of Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM) March 2014.
Also include the organization and/or participation of CNH2 in different technical seminars such as:
- Conference “El Hidrógeno como estrategia de especialización en nuevas tecnologías de energía” – “Hydrogen as a strategy of specialization in ner energy technologies”. National Hydrogen Center, Puertollano (Ciudad Real) 23 June 2015.
- GENERA 2015. International Fair of Energy and Environment. Technical Seminar: “Oportunidades del Hidrógeno para España” – “Opportunities of hydrogen for Spain”. IFEMA, Madrid. February 2015.
- IV Technical Automotive Conference “Energías alternativas Empleadas en Vehículos” – “Alternative energy Used in Vehicles”. IES Pedro Mercedes Basin. February 2015.
- ComCiRed 2014. National Museum of Science and Technology, Alcobendas (Madrid). December 2014.
- 9th Employment Forum at UCLM. University campus of Cuenca. October 2014.
- World Environment Day. ELCOGAS. Puertollano (Ciudad Real). June 2014.
- 10th Anniversary Foundation for the Development of New Hydrogen Technologies in Aragon (FHa). Roundtable: European energy and climate targets, challenge and opportunities for Regions and H2020 as the framework for market uptake of Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technologies. Cuarte, (huesca). June 2014.
- GENERA 2014. International Fair of Energy and Environment. IFEMA, Madrid, May 2014.
- Seminar: Cycle Hydrogen: production, storage and use. ETS Industrial Engineers. UCLM. Ciudad Real. November 2013.
- ComCiRed2013: National Museum of Science and Technology, Madrid. November 2013.
- Technical Conference of the Spanish Technology Platform for Hydrogen and Fuel Cell (PTE-HPC). Puertollano (Ciudad Real) October 2013.
- Technical Seminar on Energy Storage. General Directorate of Industry, Energy and Mines of the Community of Madrid. October 2013.
- II Conference on Research School of Mining and Industrial Engineering. UCLM. Almadén (Ciudad Real) May 2013.
- Training workshop on hydrogen technologies: current situation and prospects from hydrogen production to its current consumption. URJC. Mostoles (Madrid). January 2013.
- Sustainable Energy Conference 2012. Scientific and Technological Campus of Energy and Environment. Albacete. December 2012.
- XXIII Cultural week of the Official College of Industrial Engineers. COITI. Puertollano (Ciudad Real). March 2012.
- 4th International Seminar on New Technologies. Viana do Castelo (Portugal) November 2011.
- Hydrogen and Energy Management Seminar. Sotavento Experimental Wind Farm. A Coruña. October 2011.